Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gordon Lightfoot

This past weekend my brother introduced me to Lightfoot.  I'll be honest, at first I wasn't sold. But as I listened, the lyrics resonated and pretty soon I couldn't get the hetty tune out of my head. I especially like this line:

Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feeling better when I'm feeling no pain.


Comment from YouTube sums it up:

This is what happens when you get 1 good song writer with 3 acoustic guitars and no GD Simon Cowell involved. You tell a story and make music. And it's good, not pablum.

Definitely going to check out more of this Canuck's stuff.

4 comments:

  1. O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!
    From far and wide, O Canada,
    We stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our land glorious and free!
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first got into Sundown on a trip into Les Laurentides. Mes amis et moi stopped at a cabane-a-sucre and were busy imbibing with the locals when a certain Quebecois Quequette put on this song.

    Mon dieu! The music mingled with les poutines et les bouteilles de Maudites and was pure magic. The toques warmed les tetes while Gordon warmed les couers.

    Vive Quebec Libre - et les Nordiques bien sur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO BACK TO FRANCE YOU CRUMBS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers